Friday, October 9, 2009

Hope to Find Some Inspiration

So today marks the beginning of the first Holiday weekend since my Mom passed away.

I won't lie, this week has been very emotional for me, and I'm sure this is only the beginning. I have been uninspired to do anything creative since I got back from the art show. I haven't even unpacked my painting supplies.

Last night I started sketching out my new painting, a close up of beautiful fluffy cat, which I hope will be the start of good things to come. Cats are one of my favourite animals and always make me feel better, so perhaps a wise choice of subject this time around, given the circumstances. 

I'm intending on posting some 'work in progess' shots along the way, to show how I'm making out with it.

Until then, happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian friends and family, and especially to Mom, we will miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment