Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Isn't she lovely? - She's the Purr-fect Puss!

I'm happy to say that I've finally completed the painting I started after Thanksgiving, and I couldn't be happier with the results.  Just as I'd hoped, painting one of my favourite things has revived the creativity that was buried under the layers of emotional pain I was feeling after the loss of my Mom.

Although I intended to post some "Work in Progess" shots, I never managed to, because this painting just seemed to come together so quickly.  I think I posted one on my Facebook page, but short of that my intentions were good, really.  Next time, I promise!!

Just as I hoped, working on this painting has inspired me to paint again, I've decided to focus on animal portraits for the time being. My love for animals paired with my love for painting should hopefully combine for positive results.

I would also like to express my gratitude to Katie, the talented photographer and owner of the beautiful kitty in my painting, for allowing me to use "Pickles" as the subject matter. Katie, I can't tell you how much your beautiful kitty helped inspire my creativity!

I am hoping to start my next painting before the weekend, I've started gathering some pictures of Yellow Labs for reference as I sketch out my next subject.  This time around I will post some work in progess shots.

Until next time, here is Pickles for you to enjoy!






"Purr-fectly Content"
Watercolour on Arches 140lb Cold Press
11" x 15"

No comments:

Post a Comment