Monday, November 9, 2009

Finally Finished - Yellow Lab

I'm happy to report that I was able to finish my painting over the weekend. This painting progressed a little slower than I'd hoped, but it's finished nonetheless! Finding time to paint was the biggest challenge I faced this time around. Quite often when I do find the time, it's already 10 pm, and by then my mind is just too tired to be creative.

On the flip side, I learned a few things from this work, lessons that will prove useful with my next subject.
(It's all a learning experience, isn't it?)

I am truly inspired by some really talented watercolour artists that have been sharing their work on the wetcanvas watercolor forum. There is always someone who will lend some advice when a painting isn't turning out how you hoped, before it's too late to save it.

Thanks to everyone there who lent their advice for this one: Bryan, Tom, Laura, and Syliva. (And of course Rod, where would I be without you?)

The inspiration for this painting is my Aunt's lab Dakota. Who is getting up in years, but she is still a great old girl and a fine subject for a painting.

Here she is:


No comments:

Post a Comment